The PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is a credit card that requires good credit for acceptable approval odds. For many, this will be a good starter credit card that offers decent cash back. It's also linked to a specific financial institution, the Philadelphia Federal Credit Union, and offers direct deposit of cash back rewards to accounts with this financial institution.
The PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card offer depicted from newcardapply.com/17421 comes with average features and no strong disadvantages. There is also a standard, short introductory period of 0% APR for 6 months, and coupled with no annual fee, the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card will rarely ever be a poor choice. To better understand if this credit card could offer an advantage to you, given your specific financial situation, you can find specific details in the full review below.
The Philadelphia Federal Credit Union's Visa Signature Rewards Card is best for PFCU members. There is little reason for anyone else to pick up this credit card as it has average APR, average rewards, average fees, and no particular standout qualities.
There are no stated minimum or maximum credit limits with the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card. There are also no fees for requesting credit line increases, reviews, or other credit limit queries. Credit limit increases are typically granted on an annual basis with the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card, as long as there are no late payments and you haven't gone over your credit limit.
The PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card (newcardapply.com/17421) offers APR, at the time of this writing, of 13.99% to 22.99% for all purchases and balance transfers. Balance transfers and foreign transactions are also subject to additional fees. The cash advance APR for the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is, at this time, 23.99%. Compared to all credit card offerings, this is average for a credit card in this tier or requiring a good to great credit score for decent approval odds.
- Annual Fee – There is no annual fee with the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card.
- Cash Advance Fee – The cash advance fee for the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card will vary with the cash advance type. The cash advance type is determined by how a cash advance is acquired. The range of fees for all cash advance types is the greater of 3% of the total cash advance or $5 to the greater of 4% of the total cash advance or $20.
- Foreign Transaction Fee – There is a foreign transaction fee of 2% for each foreign transaction in USD or a fee of 3% for each foreign transaction in a Foreign Currency.
- Late Payment Fee – There is a late payment fee of up to $39 with the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card.
- Return Payment Fee - There is a return payment fee of up to $35 with the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card. This may not apply to returned checks.
- Authorized User Fees – There are no fees for requesting or adding authorized users or requesting additional cards with the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card.
- Balance Transfer Fee – There is a balance transfer fee of 3% of the total balance transfer with a minimum charge of $5 for all balance transfers with the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card.
- Overlimit Fee – There is no fee or other penalty for going over the stated credit limit with your PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card.
- Minimum Interest Charge – If any interest has accrued during a billing cycle, you will be required to pay that interest. If the interest accrued equals less than $2, the interest added to your minimum payment will be rounded up to $2 with the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card.
The PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card offers a rate of 1.5 points per dollar spent. When redeemed, these points are worth 1 cent each. This equates to 1.5% cash back earned. Points may only be redeemed as cash to a bank account with Philadelphia Federal Credit Union (PFCU).
All cardmembers without a PFCU account or that prefer statement credits may request that their rewards be redeemed as a statement credit. Statement credits will apply to your account within 2 billing cycles, twice the length of time it takes for the cash to appear in a linked PFCU account.
Pros – Advantages of the newcardapply.com/17421 PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Credit Card
- Unlimited 1.5x Points – With no limit to the number of points you can earn at a slightly higher rate for all purchases than you might find on your average credit card, the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card comes with a similarly slight advantage.
- Points Redeemable for Cash – Another good thing about the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is that all points are redeemable for a flat rate and the cash may be directly deposited into a PFCU account or redeemed as a statement credit.
- Good Introductory Offer – 6 months of 0% APR can help you afford a necessary, larger purchase.
- No Annual Fee – With no annual fee, the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card card is easy to apply for and keep.
Cons – Disadvantages of the newcardapply.com/17421 PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Credit Card
- Direct Deposit to PFCU Accounts Only – As the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is linked to PFCU, it's not surprising that this credit card will only deposit cash rewards into a PFCU account. For everyone else, there is the option of a statement credit although that option takes much longer to redeem.
- Unnecessarily Complicated Fees for Cash Advances – Most credit cards offer a flat rate for all cash advance types or makes it clear what qualifies for a given rate. Not so with the PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card.
Intro and Welcome Offers for Newcardapply.com/17421
The PFCU Visa Signature Real Rewards Card comes with a good 0% APR introductory offer for all new cardmembers. This introductory offer will last for 6 months or 6 full billing cycles. While not the longest introductory period for 0% APR on purchases, it's still long enough to make and pay off a large purchase or two while never losing sight of that important payoff deadline.