The Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card is a credit card for Fifth Third banking customers who meet the necessary credit requirements. Customers with any checking or savings account with Fifth Third Bank qualify. No specific bank balance is required or will help you get a better rate, etc.
Overall the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card has a great introductory offer, very low APR, and reasonable fees. There is a foreign transaction fee with the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card. The Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card has no annual fee, penalty APR, or rewards program. As a MasterCard, the Truly Simple credit card does offer zero liability fraud protection and other MasterCard perks. For more specifics, check out the full review below.
If you're already a Fifth Third Bank customer and don't have this credit card yet, it's worth applying for. If you aren't a Fifth Third Bank customer, it's not worth going out of your way to apply for the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card unless you have a lot of time on your hands and need a balance transfer credit card.
For good approval odds, you're going to need a reasonably good to great credit somewhere in the upper 600s. You also can't be a resident of Vermont or Montana. To become a Fifth Third Bank customer you will most likely have to make an in-person appointment. Branches of the Fifth Third Bank exist in the following states:
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
On rare occasions, in states with a Fifth Third Bank branch, it's possible to receive a pre-approval. With this letter, it's possible to apply online and be approved with no branch visit or appointment necessary in most cases. If you are from those states, you’d have received a pre-approval for www.apply53.com
Interest for Apply53.com Truly Simple Card Offers
The APR for the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card is a variable rate for all services. For purchases and balance transfers, the APR has a margin of either 8.74%, 10.74%, 14.74%, or 19.74% added to the Prime Rate. At the time of this writing, the Prime Rate plus these margins create a variable APR range between 11.99% and 22.99%.
The APR for cash advances with the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card includes a margin of 21.74%. This leads to a current rate of 24.99% for all Truly Simple Card customers. Overall, these margins are lower than the overage. There is also a standard promotional offer of 0% introductory APR for up to 15 months available to all new Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card customers.
There are no stated minimum or maximum credit limits with the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card. However, credit lines reported by current Truly Simple cardholders are often in excess of $5,000 at the time of sign-up and have been increased higher than $15,000 by the second year with a credit score of 690 or greater.
- Annual Fee – There is no annual fee for keeping or setting up the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card.
- Cash Advance Fee – The cash advance fee for the Truly Simple credit card is the greater of $10 or 5% of the total of the cash advance. The minimum fee may only be $5 with certain types of cash advances.
- Foreign Transaction Fee – There is a 3% foreign transaction fee for the Truly Simple credit card.
- Late Payment Fee – There is a late payment fee of up to $40 with the Truly Simple credit card.
- Return Payment Fee - There is no return payment fee with the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card.
- Authorized User Fees – There is no authorized user fee with the Truly Simple credit card.
- Balance Transfer Fee – The balance transfer fee for the Truly Simple Card is a bit higher than average at 4% of the total balance to be transferred or a minimum of $5.
There is no rewards program available with the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card. There are also no significant or unique perks for having the Truly Simple credit card. However, the introductory offer and lower APR may make up for the lack of rewards in the short term while the lack of a fee makes this an easy card to keep once it has served its purpose.
Pros – Advantages of Accepting if You Have Received www.apply53.com Offers
- Lower Than Average APR – The margin rate for the APR calculation is considerably lower than average.
- Strong Introductory Offer – There is a 0% APR offer on purchases and balance transfers for all new cardmembers. This introductory period can last for up to 15 months.
- No Annual Fee – There is no annual fee for setting up or keeping the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card.
- High Credit Limit Possible – Current customers have reported very high starting limits with the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card as well as frequent credit limit increases. Credit limit increases are possible as soon as 6 months after card opening compared to the annual increases offered by many other, similar credit card offers.
Cons – Disadvantages of the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Credit Card
- Foreign Transaction Fee – There is a 3% foreign transaction fee. This isn't high, but as a credit card that doesn't offer any type of rewards, waiving the foreign transaction fee would be a big step in the right direction. If you don't intend to make any foreign purchases, however, this disadvantage won't apply.
- High Balance Transfer Fee – Though there is a 0% APR offer, the balance transfer fee will still apply.
- No Rewards Program – The Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card has no rewards program of any kind.
Apply53.com Promotional Balance Transfer Deal
The introductory offer with the Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card is strong for balance transfers or big initial purchases. You could get up to 15 months of 0% APR for both purchases and balance transfers. However, it's important to keep in mind that all balance transfers will incur a 4% balance transfer fee. You will also be required to make your minimum payment every month to avoid an early end for this perk.
The Fifth Third Bank Truly Simple Card is a fine “vanilla” credit card. It requires a fairly high credit score to apply and in return provides a fairly high credit limit. There is low APR but some of the fees are a bit high. The Truly Simple Card has no rewards program, but it does offer a solid 15-month 0% APR introductory offer.
If you're already a Fifth Third Bank customer, it won't hurt to pick up this credit card. If you live in a state with a Fifth Third Bank branch and receive a www.apply53.com pre-approval offer, chances are high that opening an account could marginally improve your available credit or credit score. For anyone not meeting either of these criteria, the inability to apply for a Fifth Third credit card, namely the Truly Simple Card, is no great loss.