The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card offer invitation from usbank.com/mybizoffer comes with a low interest and a great cash rewards program for most businesses. If you buy fuel, pay a cell phone bill, or purchase office supplies then this credit card could help you earn extra cashback every month. Beyond that, you get an annual bonus for qualifying cashback up to $250.
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card also has low APR and the ability to qualify for a low APR rate as your business grows. However, this is only true if you can avoid paying the penalty APR. Once you qualify for the penalty you may not return to a favorable APR rate.
Beyond these high and low points, there is a lot to know about the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card before committing to it. You can find most of these pertinent details in the full U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card review below.
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card is a credit card that's best for businesses that have a lot of fuel expenses as this is where the cashback starts making a difference. It's also a decent card if you happen to make significant purchases from qualifying office supply stores.
However, not all stores that sell office supplies will qualify for this category. It may be worth double-checking how your purchases are coded before committing to the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card.
After the introductory period ends, you'll have to start dealing with the APR on your U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card. The good news is that for most, this APR rate is very low. Though interest is variable, the current APR rate as of this writing ranges from 11.99% to 22.99%, including the current prime rate.
For most new customers there is also an introductory offer. This offer includes a promotional APR rate or 0% for purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles. Specific variations of this offer may be given to pre-qualified customers.
- Annual Fee – There is no annual fee with the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card.
- Cash Advance Fee – The cash advance fee for the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card depends on the type of cash advance and begins at the greater of 3% or $5 and goes up to the greater of 5% or $20.
- Foreign Transaction Fee – The foreign transaction fee for the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card is 2% of the transaction in USD or 3% of the transaction in a foreign currency.
- Late Payment Fee – The late payment fees for the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card are staggered. For balances up to $100, the fee is only $19. For balances between $100 and $250, the fee is $29. For balances that exceed $250, the fee is $39.
- Return Payment Fee - The return payment fee for the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card is $35.
- Authorized User Fees – There is no authorized user or additional card fee.
- Balance Transfer Fee – The balance transfer fee for the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card is the greater of $5 or 3% of the total balance transfer.
1% cashback is given for all eligible purchases. 3% is given for purchases in qualifying merchant-code categories. These categories include office supplies, fuel (up to $200 per transaction), and telecom expenses such as cell phone bills. There is no cap for this bonus cashback rate.
Bonus Cash Back
In addition to the generous cashback rate of 3% with no annual cap, you can get a 25% bonus of all the cash back you earn in a year as disclosed by usbank.com/mybizoffer. Your bonus can be as much as $250.
The current and most common introductory offer for the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card is for 0% APR for a certain period of time. At present, this length of time is 15 months. However, variations of this offer may be sent to pre-qualified customers with exceptionally high credit and reputation.
Beyond this, the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card also offers a cash back bonus of $500 if new cardmembers manage to spend $4,500 on eligible purchases in their first 150 days of their account opening. This does not include any purchases made with an authorized user's card, only the main card on an account.
Pros – Advantages of the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards Credit Card
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card has many more advantages than disadvantages.
- Multiple Intro Bonuses – There are both promotional APR and bonus cash bonuses with the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card.
- Annual Cash Back Bonus – Every year you can get a bonus of up to $250 just for using the cash back program on this credit card.
- Higher Cash Back Rate for Fuel Purchases – If your business uses a lot of fuel (in standard automobiles), this is one of the best business credit cards for this particular expense.
- No Fee for Authorized Users – The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card has no fees for your first few extra authorized users and cards, for most cardmembers.
- Easily Create Permissions for Specific Authorized Users - If your business has employees, having a separate card on-hand with specific permissions can help you manage expenses.
Cons – Disadvantages of the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards Credit Card
Most of the disadvantages have to do with making mistakes, though the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card is very forgiving when it comes to late payments.
- Penalty APR – The penalty APR rate for the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card is 29.99%. This rate applies once you make any payment that is returned, exceed your credit limit twice in a year, make two consecutive payments 5 days late or one payment over 30 days late. This penalty rate will stay for as long as it takes you to make it for 6 consecutive billing cycles with no issues.
- Minimum Redemption Limit – You can only redeem rewards in increments of $25. The good news here is that your rewards never expire. However, if you fail to make two consecutive payments all of the rewards on your account may be forfeited.
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card is a card that works well for most small businesses that operate, primarily, in the physical as opposed to the online space. Alternatively, this is a great no-fee card to use for the bonuses or as a good all-purpose cash back card for your miscellaneous business expenses.
With a low APR rate for usbank.com/mybizoffer applicants, this is also a good business credit card to have on hand in case an emergency arises and you need to pay a bill quickly and not draw excessive interest. In essence, the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards card is a versatile business card and a great first business credit card.