The Capital City Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card, offered by Elan Financial Services, isn't bad. It's not the best you could get if you have the credit score you'll need for great approval odds, but with no annual fee and 1.5 points per dollar, this is far from a poor offer.
The Visa Signature Real Rewards Card also offers a small set of introductory offers for new cardmembers. The APR is reasonable to low, and the fee schedule can be a little complex but the fees aren't for anything out of the ordinary. All-in-all, the Visa Signature Real Rewards Card isn't a first-choice recommendation, but if you think it suits your financial lifestyle after reading the full review, there's little harm in applying.
The Visa Signature Real Rewards Card could be for anyone. What it offers doesn't stand out much among the competition, but it offers enough rewards points to appeal to anyone fine with 1.5x reward points per dollar.
Beyond its average offerings, the card does often come with an offer of bonus points that have a $25 redemption rate and you only need to make one purchase to get them. If you want to collect cards and there's nothing else on your radar, this wouldn't be a bad credit card to pick up.
The APR for the Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is low, overall. It's a variable rate and, at the time of this writing, sits at 13.99% at the lowest and 22.99% at the highest for purchases and balance transfers. For cash advances, the rate is variable but is, at present, 23.99%.
- Annual Fee – There is no annual fee for the Capital City Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card.
- Cash Advance Fee – The cash advance fee for the Capital City Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card will vary depending on the type of cash advance and where you get it. At its lowest, the cash advance fee for the Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is 3% or $5. At the highest, it's the greater of 4% of the transaction or $20.
- Foreign Transaction Fee – There is a foreign transaction fee of 2% in USD or 3% in a foreign currency.
- Late Payment Fee – The late payment fee for the Capital City Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is up to $39.
- Return Payment Fee - The returned payment fee for the Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is up to $35.
- Authorized User Fees – There are no authorized use fees, however, there may be fees for additional cards depending on the situation.
- Balance Transfer Fee – The balance transfer fee for the Capital City Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card is the greater of 3% of the total balance transfer or $5.
The Capital City Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card offers 1.5x points per dollar spend. Each point has a redemption value of $0.01. Points can be kept in an open account for an unlimited amount of time. However, points on an account that becomes delinquent may be forfeit. Past-due and delinquent accounts do not earn points on any purchases.
In addition to 1.5x points for eligible purchases, it's possible to receive a bonus as an introductory offer. The long-standing bonus is 2500 points or $25 in redemption value. To earn this bonus, cardmembers only need to make a single purchase of any value.
For new applicants at newcardapply.com/04979
Bonus points aren't the only thing you can get if you're new to the Capital City Bank Real Rewards card family. You could also be eligible for a 6 months of 0% APR. This applies to the first 6 billing cycles on a new account. However, if you have has a card in this card family before, not just the Visa Signature Real Rewards card, you are likely to be ineligible for this offer.
Pros – Advantages of the Capital City Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card
The Visa Signature Real Rewards Card has some advantages, though they are not unique or outstanding.
- 1.5x Points per Dollar – While not the best offer, the newcardapply.com/04979 beats 1x points earned per dollar.
- Low APR - The most valuable advantage of this card could be the somewhat-lower-than-average APR.
- No Limit on Rewards Points – There is no limit on how many points can be earned or banked on a current account.
Cons – Disadvantages of the Capital City Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card
There are a few distinct disadvantages to how the Visa Signature Real Rewards Card works.
- Variable Fee Schedule – While other offers of credit have one fee per type, regardless of exactly how a rule was broken or a transaction was made, the newcardapply.com/04979 offer has many different fee types. Some are not very clearly outlined.
- Rewards Only Valid for Select Offers – While other programs offer gift cards that can be used anywhere, a statement credit, or a direct deposit, the Visa Signature Real Rewards Card only allows points to be spent on very specific, rotating offers.
All things considered, the Capital City Bank Visa Signature Real Rewards Card isn't a good credit card or a bad credit card. It offers close to the best rewards for credit cards that require “good to great” credit but it falls short in the introductory and welcome offers category. It has no annual fee but is finicky about the fees it does charge. The APR is low for all applicants, but not as low as it could be for people with the highest credit scores.
If you need a credit card with very high approval odds to increase your overall credit utilization rating and a fast $25 bonus sounds good to you, this is the card to apply for. For everyone else, this might be one to skip for now and come back to later if it's still on your mind.