Newcardapply.com/23127 is a credit card facilitated by Elan Financial Services and that requires an excellent credit score for the best approval odds. It has a lower APR and a better 0% APR introductory offer than many similar credit cards, making this an excellent balance transfer credit card. The lack of an annual fee makes it easy to keep.
However, there are several unnecessary complications when it comes down to fees, fee types, and splitting transactions into very specific categories. The South State Bank Visa Platinum is lacking a rewards program, too. Though the card does offer other benefits.
Who is the South State Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card For?
The South State Bank Visa Platinum is best used as a balance transfer card. However, it does require an excellent credit score and record for decent approval odds. This means that the best person for this card and its benefits is someone with a significant amount of high-interest credit card debt but no recent defaults or missed payments.
In this situation, the South State Bank Visa Platinum provides a place to transfer a balance or two from a high APR card to one with as little as 11.99% variable APR. However, new cardmembers are also eligible for up to 20 billing cycles worth of 0% APR on balance transfers and any new purchases.
The APR on the South State Bank Visa Platinum card is 11.99% to 20.99% for purchases and balance transfers. This is a variable rate so it may change somewhat over time. The overall range is low, which makes this an ideal balance transfer card.
The cash advance rate is a bit higher at 23.99% variable APR. It's also important to keep in mind that cash advances and balance transfers come with additional fees.
- Annual Fee – There is no annual fee for the South State Bank Visa Platinum.
- Cash Advance Fee – The South State Bank Visa Platinum card offers several different types of cash advances, all having the same APR but with different initial fees. These can be as low as The greater of 3% or $5 and can range as high as the greater of 4% or $20 of the total cash advance.
- Foreign Transaction Fee – The foreign transaction fee for the South State Bank Visa Platinum is 2% of the total transaction in USD or 3% of the foreign transaction in a foreign currency.
- Late Payment Fee – The late payment fee for the South State Bank Visa Platinum card is up to $39.
- Return Payment Fee - The returned payment fee for the South State Bank Visa Platinum card is up to $35.
- Authorized User Fees – Each cardmember may request one additional card for free.
- Balance Transfer Fee – The balance transfer fee for the South State Bank Visa Platinum card is the greater of 3% of the total balance being transferred or $5.
- Overlimit Fee – There is no overlimit fee with the South State Bank Visa Platinum card. However, there is an “Overdraft Protection” fee of $10.
The South State Bank Visa Platinum card has no rewards program. However, the card does have a few other benefits worth weighing against its lack of a rewards program.
Benefits of the newcardapply.com/23127 South State Bank Visa Platinum
Nearly all of the benefits offered to cardholders come from the fact that this is a Visa card. The only benefit offered exclusively by Elan Financial Services, the creditor for the South State Bank's Visa Platinum card, is zero fraud liability, with some exclusions and a limited timeframe for reporting.
The Visa benefits also include limited $0 fraud liability. In addition, you will get extended warranty coverage and auto rental collision damage waiver. There is also travel assistance for things like lost tickets and medical referrals. For all other questions, there is a 24-hour toll-free helpdesk number.
Introductory Offer for newcardapply.com/23127 Visa Cards
Another strong benefit of the South State Bank Visa Platinum Card is the basic introductory offer. With this offer, new members to the South State Bank Visa Platinum card program will get 20 billing cycles with no APR on purchases or balance transfers.
For anyone looking to make a new, big purchase and wanting time to pay it off interest-free, this is a good opportunity. It's even better if you need to transfer an existing balance from a high APR credit card.
Pros – Advantages of the South State Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card
The South State Bank Visa Platinum has a few advantages, and while one of the most appealing advantages is limited, most are not.
- Lower APR – The South State Bank Visa Platinum credit card has significantly lower APR compared to other cards that require the same excellent credit score ranking for good approval odds.
- Introductory Offer – 20 months of 0% APR for purchases and balance transfers is one of the more generous 0% APR offers out there.
- No Annual Fee – There is no annual fee for having the South State Bank Visa Platinum.
- Zero Fraud Liability – Both Visa and the credit card issuer offer $0 fraud protection for unauthorized purchases with few exclusions.
Cons – Disadvantages of the South State Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card
There are a few things the South State Bank Visa Platinum card could use, and a few it could do without.
- Many Cash Advance Types – With 4 different cash advance types, you'll need to make use of the South State Bank Visa Platinum card's customer service options to determine which of these is right for you in a given situation.
- Foreign Transaction Fees – The foreign transaction fee rate is calculated in several different ways and currencies adding a layer of complication where there doesn't need to be.
- No Rewards Program – There is no rewards program included for newcardapply.com/23127 fliers with the South State Bank Visa Platinum.
The South State Bank Visa Platinum is a credit card with no annual fee and no restrictions on how many cards you can get from this particular credit card issuer. These facts, in and of themselves, make this a card that just about anyone would benefit from having. If you do plan on picking up this credit card now or in the future, the best way to utilize it is to take advantage of the current introductory offer, or any incentives offered in the future. Alternatively, it's a good fall-back card if times get lean and you need to put a balance somewhere it will cause the least financial trouble.