Quicksilver by Capital One is a great all-purpose card or a just-in-case card you might want to have on hand for your annual vacation. It has no annual fee or foreign transaction fee. Beyond that, there are a lot of little travel perks that can add up if fortune isn't on your side.
The Quicksilver card requires a fairly high credit score for good approval odds, though they do accept applications with limited credit history. Even if all you've had is a car loan or secured card, you're likely to be approved with the right score and a reasonable income. Rest assured that if a getmyoffer.capitalone.com Quicksilver reservation code letter has ended up in your hands, you in all likelihood have a credit score above 690 and in all likelihood above 700 which puts you in a good position for approval.
The review below will cover who exactly the Quicksilver will provide the most benefit to, as well as all the little things that tend to be overlooked in a credit card agreement. Still, with no annual fee, you don't have to plan much to maximize your return with this card.
The getmyoffer.capitalone.com Quicksilver card offer is great for two different situations. First, it's a great no-hassle high-rewards card that works well for just about anything, including travel due to extra warranties, insurance, and the lack of a foreign transaction fee. If you want a card that gives you unlimited 1.5% cashback without having to track categories, this is the one.
Second, if you have a high balance on another card and need to transfer to pay it off more quickly, the Quicksilver card has a few advantages. As a new cardmember, you'll be eligible for about 15 months of 0% APR on balance transfers. There's also a low transfer fee of just 3% with no minimum. These two things combined make the Quicksilver card one of the best balance transfer options. The only caveat is that you need a fairly great score to qualify.
The Quicksilver Card by Capital One has three tiers that will vary a little depending on the prime rate. These tiers, at present, are 15.49%, 21.49%, and 25.49%. The level of APR you are assigned will depend on your creditworthiness as determined by Capital One. If approved, the final determination of the APR you receive will occur after you put in your getmyoffer.capitalone.com invitation number and give them the green light to pull your credit report. These levels all apply to purchases and balance transfers after any promotional period has ended.
Cash advances, on the other hand, will always be charged at the same rate for every customer. This rate, at present, is 25.49%. This can and will vary with the prime rate.
The lowest initial credit limit provided for a Quicksilver member is $1,000, though even people with limited credit history have reported starting limits as high as $2,500. Credit lines are eligible for an increase after you have successfully made five consecutive payments and your accounts have been open a minimum of three months.
Credit line increases are free. To begin the process, you may have to update your income information online or answer a few quick questions. You can also make a phone call at any time of the day, 7 days a week. Occasionally, if you get close to your credit limit and were due for a credit line increase, the request will be made automatically. If you are approved for an automatic increase, you will be notified.
- Annual Fee – There is no annual fee for the Capital One Quicksilver credit card.
- Cash Advance Fee – The Cash Advance fee for the Quicksilver credit card is the greater of $10 or 3% of the total cash advance.
- Foreign Transaction Fee – Using your Capital One Quicksilver card to make a foreign purchase means no foreign transaction fee.
- Late Payment Fee – The late payment fee for the Capital One Quicksilver card is up to $39, depending on your payment history and creditworthiness.
- Authorized User Fees – There is no authorized user fee with the Quicksilver Card by Capital One.
- Balance Transfer Fee – There is a fee equal to 3% of the total balance to be transferred to your Capital One Quicksilver.
The getmyoffer.capitalone.com Capital One Quicksilver card opportunity offers the best across-the-board cashback rate of any simple credit card. No categories, no limits. With the Quicksilver card, you get 1.5% on each qualifying purchase. The few things that don't qualify are purchases of cash and cash equivalents, like chips at a casino.
The cash you get back may be transferred to your bank account at any time with no minimum amount required for redemption. It may also be used as a statement credit or to make purchases directly from certain merchants, including Amazon. Alternatively, you can save up enough to request a gift card for a given amount.
The Quicksilver Card by Capital One almost always comes with 0% APR on purchases and/or balance transfers for a certain number of months. This has been as many as 18 and as few as 12. As of this writing, the offer stands at 15 months. However, balance transfers will still incur a 3% balance transfer fee. This is significantly less than many other cards.
Pros – Advantages of the Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card
The Capital One Quicksilver card comes with a lot of little perks as well as the big things like the cashback program.
- Extended Warranties – Warranties on qualifying purchases are automatically extended at no cost to you.
- Travel Accident Insurance – When you book travel services with your card, certain accidents are automatically covered. To learn exactly what charges are covered or make a claim, you can speak with a travel assistant 24/7.
- 24 Hour Assistance – No matter what your question is or what you need help with, you can speak with a real customer service agent 24 hours a day, any day of the week.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees – The Capital One Quicksilver card comes with no foreign transaction fees.
- 1.5% Cash Back with No Cap – No matter how many qualifying purchases you make, you won't make less than 1.5% cashback.
Cons – Disadvantages of getmyoffer.capitalone.com Quicksilver offers
With as simple and straight-forward as this Capital One card is, it's hard to find fault with it.
- Excellent Credit Requirement – To qualify for this card, you will most likely require a score upwards of 700.
- Flat Cash Back Rate – While this does mean fewer things to keep track of, you could earn more with another card that does have rotating categories or special offers.
The Quicksilver Card by Capital One is a great card for all kinds of small reasons. For travelers, there are additional protections like warranties and insurance. There's also no foreign transaction fee.
For those trying to pay down debt, there's a long promotional period of 0% APR for balance transfers with a minimal fee. For everyone else, there's a flat rate of 1.5% cashback. Whoever you are, this card can offer something with a $0 annual fee. As long as your credit score is high enough to qualify.