The getmydisneyvisa.com invite is the upgraded version of the Disney Visa Card. Not only is there a significantly larger sign-up bonus, but the card comes with double rewards in many popular categories. Not only is this a good rewards credit card, but it's even better if you buy a lot of Disney or Star Wars merchandise or happen to be planning a Disney vacation.
Beyond rewards and exclusives, the Disney Premier Visa Card is a decent credit card with a low annual fee that's easy to make up for in a single Disney vacation. The card also comes with low fees and low interest on purchases and balance transfers.
The Disney Premier Visa Card is great for just about anyone that makes several large purchases a year from the Disney store or that's planning a Disney vacation in the next year or two. With 10%-off many Disney products and attractions, this card pays for itself quickly with these types of purchases.
Further, it's a diverse type of card to have if you would like 2% rewards in the most common categories. The annual fee is low and easy to cover in a single month if you make a lot of Disney purchases. The redemption limitations, Disney Products Only, are the biggest drawbacks to this credit card.
The APR for the Disney Premier Visa Card is just 12.74% plus the Prime Rate for both purchases and balance transfers. Cash advance APR for the Disney Premier Visa Card is 21.74% plus the Prime Rate and caps at 29.99%. This is low in all categories overall. Further, the Disney Premier Visa Card offers access to both Chase and Disney-specific lending plan options with even lower APR for most cardmembers in good standing.
- Annual Fee – There is a $49 annual fee for having the Disney Premier Visa Card.
- Cash Advance Fee – The cash advance fee for the Disney Premier Visa Card is the greater of $10 or 3% of the total cash advance.
- Foreign Transaction Fee – There is a fee of 3% of the transaction total after conversion to USD for foreign transactions made with the Disney Premier Visa Card.
- Late Payment Fee – The late payment fee for the Disney Premier Visa Card depends on how much the balance is. For balances up to $100, the fee is only $15. For balances over $100 and up to $250, the fee is $27. For balances over $250, the late payment fee for the Disney Premier Visa Card is $37.
- Return Payment Fee - There is no return payment fee for payments made by check. All other types of returned payments will incur a fee of up to $37.
- Authorized User Fees – There are no stated authorized user or additional card fees.
- Balance Transfer Fee – The balance transfer fee for the Disney Premier Visa Card is the greater of $5 or 3% of the total balance being transferred. This includes balances transferred during a period of promotional interest.
The Disney Premier Visa Card earns 1% on all eligible purchases as well as 2% in many common spending categories including gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, and most Disney locations. There is no cap on rewards, the bonus 1% in select categories, or how many rewards dollars you can have at one time.
The restrictions here come in the form of redemption options. The Disney Premier Visa Card only allows Disney Reward Dollars to be spent on Disney products and purchases at specific locations. These locations include participating theaters, Disney Stores (including online), Disney Parks, Disney Resorts, and Disney cruises.
Disney Vacation and Parks Perks
As a Disney Premier Visa Card cardholder, if you accept getmydisneyvisa.com, you will have access to special vacation financing at 0% APR for up to 6 months. Beyond this, you can receive a discount on certain cruise packages as well as onboard purchases.
Inside the Disney parks, Disney Premier Visa Card cardholders get exclusive photo opportunities as well as 10% off select merchandise and dining experiences. Card-members may also receive special invitations to members-only events within Disney Parks and Disney Stores.
Pros – Advantages of the Disney Premier Visa Credit Card
For die-hard Disney fans, the Disney Premier Visa Card is a card worth its weight in gold.
- The 10% Discounts – While other cards might offer cashback or higher rewards on purchases, they can't compete with a flat out 10% discount on most Disney store purchases and many other Disney activities as well as the signature exclusives.
- Welcome Offer - $200 in statement credits for spending $500 in 3 months is a competitive offer and, if nothing else, balances out the annual fee for a handful of years.
- Relatively Low Interest and Fees – The fees and interest are low compared to much of the competition. If you include special financing plans for Disney vacations and promotional APR, this deal gets even better.
Cons – Disadvantages of the Disney Premier Visa Credit Card
Two things that might make you want to skip the Disney Premier Visa Card.
- Redemption Limitations – Disney Reward Dollars are redeemable on Disney Products and Experiences only, with further limitations.
- An Annual Fee – The bonus in rewards earned helps make up for this $49 annual fee.
Sign-Up or Welcome Bonuses for New Getmydisneyvisa.com Accounts
The Chase Disney Premier Visa Card offers a $200 statement credit for all qualifying cardmembers that spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 3 months after account opening. In addition to this credit, most new cardmembers are eligible for up to 6 months of 0% APR on purchases.
The Disney Premier Visa Card is the type of credit card that's almost only valuable in the hands of the very specific customer type it was made for. While the rewards rate may be somewhat generous, Disney Reward Dollars are only able to be spent on specific Disney purchases and airfare.