The American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card is a traditional-type credit card from American Express. It's most important feature may be its reward program. With this program, all cardmembers can earn more than the average cashback reward for everyday purchases, like gas and groceries.
Beyond rewards, the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card from amex.us/bcersvp has a low average APR, an easy-to-increase credit line, and the usual great customer service offered by American Express. For most, this makes the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card an easy card to apply for, as long as they meet the initial requirements.
The American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card requires applicants to have a good to great credit score or better. In terms of numbers, applying with a score less than the high 600s will likely result in rejection. For those with a score of over 700, this is a great card.
Further, this isn't the only cashback card on the market, but it is one with the highest consistent return in the groceries and gas categories with no annual fee. If you still need a good general-purpose card and you frequently shop in a traditional grocery store or supermarket rather than a department store, this could be a great card to pick up.
The APR that comes with the amex.us/bcersvp American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card is very good to average, depending on your credit score and the level of creditworthiness assigned to you. APR for purchases and balance transfers starts at around 12.99% and goes up to 23.99%. These rates will vary with the prime rate.
The APR for cash advances is also variable but is the same rate for all cardmembers. At present, the APR for cash advances with the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card is 25.24%. There is also the possibility that you will draw penalty APR with the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card if any payments are made late or returned. Penalty APR will last for 6 months and no additional missed or late payments are allowed during this period.
The credit limit on the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card has no stated minimum or maximum limit. However, due to the good credit score required to qualify for this card, the starting limit is typically fair at about $2,000. Within the first year, it's typically possible to double or triple your initial limit on this and other American Express credit cards.
- Annual Fee – There is no annual fee to keep the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card.
- Cash Advance Fee – The cash advance fee for the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card is the greater of $10 or 5% of the total cash advance.
- Foreign Transaction Fee – There is a 2.7% foreign transaction fee for foreign purchases made with the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card. This fee applies after the purchase total has been converted into USD.
- Late Payment Fee – For the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card, there is a late payment fee of up to $40.
- Return Payment Fee - For the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card, there is a returned payment fee of up to $40.
- Authorized User Fees – There is no authorized user fee for the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card.
- Balance Transfer Fee – The fee for balances transferred to the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card is the greater of $5 or 3% of the total amount transferred. This fee also applies to balances transferred within the promotional period.
All American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card amex.us/bcersvp cards offer 1% cash back on all qualifying purchases unless they happen to be coded in the gas and groceries category. Select gas stations and department stores offer 2% cash back with no limit. Supermarkets and classic grocery stores offer 3% up to a total of $6,000 in purchases. All rewards cash can be redeemed as a statement credit only.
Pros – Advantages of the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Credit Card
For everyday expenses, the Blue Cash Everyday Card is the optimal choice for a no-fee credit card.
- High Rewards for Common Expenses – 3% back at supermarkets, with a cap, and 2% back on gas and at select department stores is an easy way to earn rewards consistently.
- Solid Welcome Offers – A 0% promotional APR period plus a statement credit is more than most offer.
- Low Fees and APR – There is a 0% annual fee, a low foreign transaction fee, and very low APR for most customers. If you do happen to start with the higher APR rate, it's fairly easy to negotiate it down over time.
Cons – Disadvantages of the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Credit Card
The AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card can have a few drawbacks.
- High Credit Score Needed – For good approval odds, you'll need a nearly blemish-free credit history and a score of 680 or more.
- Possible Low Initial Credit Limit – This is an easy thing to fix if you stick with the card and request increases every 6 months. There is no penalty for doing so.
Introductory and Welcome Offers for amex.us/bcersvp Recipients
There are two welcome offers for the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card. First, you have a 0% APR offer. For most new customers, this introductory APR will last for the first 15 months or billing cycles that the card is open.
In addition to promotional APR, new cardmembers have the opportunity to earn a statement credit. To earn this $200 credit, all you need to do is spend $1,000 or more in applicable purchases during the first three months you have your American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card.
As the name suggests, the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card is a great card to have if you want to quickly rack up rewards for everyday purchases like gas and groceries. For longer-term financial planning, the American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card is also a good choice due to a lack of annual fees and low APR for most cardmembers.
Further, it's easy to get a high credit limit and frequent, generous credit line increases. The only caveat is that you do need a relatively high credit score and a nearly-spotless credit record to be considered for approval.